Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Appetizer

I was introduced to a great baking blog the other day by a friend and after oohing and ahing over the many fantastic and mouth-watering delicacies the blogger cooked up I thought, "Why couldn't I have a blog like this? I could post all the great things that come out of my kitchen and people all over the world will be inspired by what I cook up. And then I remembered the time I tried to make a cake that looked like a pizza with fondant toppings and I couldn't even get the dog to eat the sicky-sweet mess, or the time I accidentally added three cups of Karo syrup to no bake cookies instead of three tablespoons and then I realized something: That other blogger is totally out of my league. For every five nice things that come out of my kitchen there's at least one disaster. But if teaching junior high has taught me anything, sometimes mistakes are just as valuable a learning tool as triumphs, and so the Baking Becca blog was born. If you'll notice, under the title it describes me as a "domestic goddess in training" meaning I haven't quite reached that state of goddessness where I never make mistakes, but I'm learning. And so, for your learning enjoyment I intend to post all my baking adventures, whether they are successful or complete flops and maybe someone somewhere will learn from my mistakes and not have to make them too. Enjoy!

No comments: